Are you an experienced engineer-developer driven to create and grow the software team for a high-growth, consumer electronics company? Would you like to get in at the ground level of a rapidly growing company and help bridge the software and drone worlds? We’re looking for an energetic, hands-on doer who is comfortable coding both web and mobile full stack software, and ideally familiar with both iOS and Android environments. You could be the teammate we’re looking for, responsible for mobile and web software integration for our revolutionary new drone flight control products!
Reporting to the CEO/CTO, and working closely with our Director of External Manufacturing and our external software development partners, our Lead Software Engineer will manage our sustaining app and web software efforts, and be instrumental in guiding the software arm of future innovations. S/he will also be involved in our operational drone flight test program, assuring our customers have the very best flight experiences possible.
- You’re ready to disrupt the drone industry by making our products the best of the best
- You passionate about flying drones and RC aircraft, or at least would like to master this new skill
- You’ve got a solid understanding of the consumer electronics industry and life-cycle management
- You’ve developed strong organizational and project management skills
- You thrive on challenge, and have excellent problem-solving abilities
- You’re technically minded with a very good understanding of iOS and Android
- You’ve acquired app development experience with Swift and XCode
- You’re proficient with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- You have familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate problems of a technical nature between the company, our customers, and our other software and hardware vendors
- You’re a strong relationship builder, and can work closely with our Engineering, R&D, Industrial Design, Contract Manufacturing and other partners to engineer the best experience for our customers
- You’re process- and detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management, and you can propose and keep within a budget
- You’ve got 5+ years of programming experience, with expertise in full stack development, life cycle management as well as consumer product launches
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field; a Master’s degree and/or FAA Part 107 certification are a plus
About Fluidity Technologies
Fluidity Tech is a Houston-based technology company focused on redefining movement through 3-dimensional space. Founded by former NASA astronaut, pilot and physician, Scott Parazynski, the company’s mission is to simplify and improve motion. In Fall 2018, Fluidity Tech introduced the FT Aviator, its first patented drone controller designed to dramatically increase the precision of drone flight, while tremendously simplifying it.
Join a well-funded, young company with disruptive products in a rapidly growing $60+ billion market, and share in the success with an exceptional equity compensation package. Click here to submit a resume.